Friday, April 6, 2012

A Good Friday

With so much going on in Harris house right now, it has done my heart good to take a step back and remember why we are even celebrating this Easter season.  Today is Good Friday and a good Friday it was!
We started the day by going to Cilla's gymnastics class.  She loves it and is really doing well.  Makes this momma proud!
Then we headed off to a little Easter party at our friends' the Kaundart's.  The kiddos had fun hunting eggs, eating lots of goodies and playing together.  I am so thankful for our little playgroup.  I love how Cilla loves her little friends and I love that I am walking the same road as the other mommas.  It is good to have a support system and other gals to reaffirm that we are not crazy!
Such sweet friends. 
Jillian, Hannah and Cilla
I sense a lot of trouble in the future with these two!  They got into the stamps and were showing off their work!  Holy moly!
We ended the evening with decorating Easter eggs.  Cilla has been so excited to make her "sparkly" eggs!  It was a fun time as our little family.
Cilla and daddy
Daddy showing off his decorating skills!
The finished products.  
Cilla was so proud of their work and had so much fun!  I have such fond memories of decorating and hunting eggs with my family growing up.  I love starting new traditions with my own family.  I hope Cilla has good memories, too!
Most importantly, today we remember the sacrifice that Jesus made for us.  None of this matters without HIM!  Not the eggs.  Not the candy.  Not the family time.  Not traditions.  NOTHING!
Thank you Jesus for loving us so deeply that you gave your life for us.  

No comments: