Sunday, July 19, 2009

29...and holding

Some of our dearest friends, the Pardues, came to Waco from Dallas to spend the weekend with us! Corby and Flint's friendship goes back to their days at Kanakuk. This past March we both had little girls two days apart! SO FUN! We love these guys to pieces and thank God for blessing our lives with them! Here are some of the highlights of our weekend with them....oh yes...and my 29th birthday.
These girls love to splash around in the pool!
My Girl

The Pardue Family

Here is my "daddy's girl" watching the British Open on TV. Heaven help us!!!

She was glued to the TV- YIKES!
Harper
How cute is she?!?!

This was my birthday cake! Sweet Flint got me a cake that said "29 and holding..."
Funny Boy!!! Cilla was mesmerized by the candles.

Lauren and Corby brought me one of my very favorite things in the world...Sprinkles Cupcakes! Red Velvet, of course! Ironically, one of them had the Texas decoration on it, so I got that one. Everyone here gives me hard time about being from Arkansas!

I sense a lifelong friendship in their future!

We got a sitter (Thanks Jordan!) for the night so we all could have a childless night out!!

Two of the most competitive people I know!!!

Corby in all of his glory! Notice the picture in the background. My parents gave me the most beautiful drawing of Cilla for my birthday. I LOVE IT. What a wonderful birthday gift!

We have started putting Cilla in her "jumper" and she LOVES it! Look how intense she is! I promise she is not cross-eyed!

We had so much fun. The laughter never ends when you put Corby and Flint together! Thanks for making the trip down, guys.

8 comments:

The Allens said...

That was a wonderful post! And, yes, hold at 29. 30's for the birds!

Unknown said...

too cute! glad you had a fun weekend!

Laurie said...

Little Cilla is sooooo cute. Yes, time please stand still!

Sally said...

awww!!! how fun did all that look?? what a fun bday weekend you had! hope it was fab!!! see ya'll soon! p.s. love Cilla's lil cherry swimsuit! save those baby girl clothes in case i can borrow. :)

Mindy said...

she is changing so much! i want to kiss those cheeks.

Deb said...

I love her little white hat!!!! She and Warren will make a great coupld - both couch potatoes!

tara said...

she is too much in her little swimsuit and shades! :) happy belated birthday, that cookie cake looks YUMMY!!!

His Doorkeeper said...

I had to laugh when you said Cilla is not cross-eyed because I took a picture of Harper in her exercisaucer(or whatever they call it) and she was so intent on looking at one of the little toys on it that she looked cross-eyed!! They are just focusing so hard on those little toys!!