Wednesday, February 6, 2008

28 Candles





Like I mentioned in the previous post, Flint celebrated his 28th birthday on Saturday! For some reason, Flint is not a huge fan of his birthday?!?! How can anyone not like a day that is about them?!?! SO, we do not have parties or do anything to draw special attention to him...which drives me nuts! I LOVE birthdays and making a big deal out of them! It is the one day of the year you can really feel special! I wanted to have "Flint's Day of Fun" and do special things all day for him. However, he had been out of town the two days prior to his birthday and with all the snow we had here in NWA, we were a little hesitant to make too many plans (in case flights got delayed or cancelled). So, we decided to go to the Razorback Basketball game and to just invite a few friends over for dinner. We had Flying Burrito cater the small gathering! It was a hit! And as always, the cake from Chuck's Cake Shoppe in Fayetteville was superb and it was fun to be with our friends. Flint got some fun gifts. He wanted two prints that we saw while we were in Lake Tahoe back in December. After several debates on where those could go in the house, I finally gave in and agreed to get them for him. I will post pictures when we get them. Here are a few pictures of Flint's (altered) day of fun! As you can see from the pictures, Katie really likes Paige and Paige is pretty fond of Katie, too! They were so cute! Randy and Krissy also came over. They have three of the cutest kids, too. I wish I would have gotten some pictures of them! Since I do not have any kids of my own to show off...I have to show off other people's kids!


4 comments:

The "W" Family said...

Hi Rebekah,

I found your blog while I was blog cruising this morning. SO fun to see your smiling face! Catherine

Megan said...

Happy Birthday, Flint!

Why do guys not think birthdays are a big deal? Charlie is the same way. I think we should just celebrate anyway. Flint's party looks like it was fun!

Kelly said...

Happy Birthay Flint!!!
Super cute cake!

Rachel said...

Oh how I miss Chuck's! Just the sound of one of their cakes makes my mouth water. Happy Birthday, Flint!