Tuesday, April 8, 2008

American Idol

It is no secret that I LOVE me some American Idol! SO here are my thoughts on tonight's show. If you still have to watch it on your TIVO you may want to quit reading!

Michael Johns: Wanna-be, shunna-be. I kinda like him as a rocker. I also like him as a R&B singer. I would probably like the man singing opera or singing in the rain, too!
Syesha: Funny that she picked this song. It is one of the two that came to my mind when they told the theme for the evening. She may not be Fantasia, but I thought she was awesome! Why can't this gal get some R-E-S-P-E-C-T?!?
Jason: I really like this version of "Somewhere Over the Rainbow". It was as dreamy as his eyes!
Kristy Lee: In my opinion this was this cute gal's best performance to date (I actually agreed with Paula on this one)! Simon was so right...she actually looked like a star tonight!
David Cook: I got all geared up with my bowl of chocolate better batter ice cream in hand and he did not disappoint. It was not, however, my favorite performance from him. I am switten...He had me from "Hello". ( A fellow blogger used this line previously which is funny because this is exactly what I said after his performance of "Hello".)
Carly: For the first time, her hair and make-up looks awesome. The song choice...not so much. The best thing about her performance was the impression of Simon at the end!
David Archuleta: How cute is he?!?! Awesome performance.
Last but certainly not least, Little Brooke: I still just love this girl!

Best Performance: David Archuleta
Worst Performance: Carly

Still my favorites remain: Brooke, David Cook, and Syesha

Did anyone else think that, although Paula looked lovely, she also looked kinda squeezed into that dress?

Okay, so I mentioned that two songs came to me initially:
1. "I Believe" by Fantasia
2. "I'll Stand By You" by the Pretender

After thinking about it throughout the show some other songs came to my mind. All which I thought would be good choices for the theme.
1. "New Shoes" by Paolo Nutini
2. "What a Wonderful World" by Louis Armstrong
3. "Faithful To Me" by Jennifer Knapp
4. "Happy" by Natasha Bedingfield

I am not sure which one would be my final choice...I would have to practice them all!

Enough about American Idol. Have you heard that the New Kids on the Block are BACK! I saw them on the Today Show on Friday! I hate to admit this but... what I had as a cassette tape I now have as a CD. You better believe that it is popped in my car CD player every once in a while. And yes...it still makes me dance just like it did when I was a teeny bopper! Girls, get excited! The boys we drooled over are back! And if you did not drool over them or if you were too young to drool over them...you get a second chance! I used to have their posters in my bedroom and read their interviews in Bop magazine!


3 comments:

Robyn Beele said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! I am glad you are going to make the banana bread. I am actually heading to the store now to buy the ingredients. I will add you to my blogline!!

Rachel said...

Not into American Idol, but I do remember the New Kids of the Block obsession. I think its funny that you have the CD. I remember from college that you have a real knack for remembering song lyrics, so I'm sure that you are jammin with the boys!

Kelly said...

I love David cook. At first I thought he was very unattractive but he has REALLY grown on me! :-)