Wow. Can it be possible that my baby will ONE year old exactly one month from today?!?! I know I say this every month (or everyday for that matter) but I can't believe how fast time flies by! It really needs to slow down. Time, could you do that, please? I can't believe that one month from today, my baby will officially cross the line (according to the books) from being a baby to being a toddler! Now I know what my mom always meant when she said that I would always be her baby!
I love this age so much. Cilla is so active and is constantly on the go. She is learning new things every day! As you can see, she does not sit still for any length of time. So, this was our best attempt at an 11 month picture!
I would much rather drag out all my toys than have my picture taken!!!
Cilla is a very curious little girl. She doesn't miss a beat. If the phone rings or if we get a text message, she stops what she is doing and tries to scout out our phones. She has decided she doesn't want to nap at Mother's Day Out because she does not want to miss out on ANYTHING! Same with the church nursery. What are some of the things she is has been up to the past month?
* She switched over to her "big girl" car seat and started facing forward! Which, I know many people frown on, but it has made life so much more pleasant for everyone. AND... Cilla just so happens to be past the recommended weight for forward facing babies. When we visited the doctor (twice) this past month for an ear infection she weighed in at 22lbs 7 oz.
*She loves the bubblegum flavored medicine that she was prescribed.
* She eats great (still). She still eats some baby food, but she eats lots of table foods, too. She loves turkey, chicken (especially fried), carrots, black beans, corn, peas, pears, mango, peaches, bananas....the list goes on and on.
* She actually tried chicken noodle soup for the first time last night and loved it! We do, however, think that she might have an allergy to artificial cheese. She gets a rash on her face every time she eats mac and cheese. This makes me a little sad!
* She is down to 3 bottles each day.
* She has been sleeping like a champ. Finally, since we got home from Christmas, she has gotten into a great routine. She sleeps about 12 hours at night (finally...straight!). She takes about and 1 1/2 - 2 hour morning nap and takes about a 1 1/2 - 2 hour afternoon nap! Can we get a HALLELUJAH!!!!!
*She is saying her "momma" and "dadda" sounds along with an occasional "baba". She can't fully distinguish momma and dadda verbally, but if you ask her, she points to who is who. She also knows the doggies and can point each of them out.
* She LOVES to look at pictures, especially pictures of her family. We say she is vain because she lights up when she sees pictures of herself!
* As for the walking, we are getting very close. She crawls so well, though, she does not have to walk. She pulls up on everything and walks around furniture. She can even stand for a few seconds on her own, but no walking yet. I am completely okay with this!
* She has started "dancing" when music comes on! It is so stink'in cute. It is basically a bounce but it makes this mommy proud!
* She plays peek-a-boo, too! She pulls blankets over her face and waits for us to say "Where is Cilla?" Then she shows her face and starts laughing hysterically! She also likes to play peek-a-boo with Sophie. Sophie would prefer not to play!
* She loves cell phones. She holds them up to her ear when we say "hello". It is cute! She can spot a cell phone or keys from across a room!
* She loves to read "Snuggle Puppy" and "Barnyard Dance". Two of the cutest books ever written!
* She gets into everything. I MEAN EVERYTHING. The dog bowl (which has been relocated to the laundry room), the kitchen cabinets, drawers, Tupperware, laundry baskets, dog food, the DVD's, the pantry, wipes (she loves to pull the wet wipes out of the box one by one), toilet paper (she thinks it is funny to unroll toilet paper), yes...and even the toilets! I am learning to keep the lids down. I am just a slow learner!
As busy as you are and as tired as I am at the end of everyday, I would not trade anything for our time together! I love you so much- more and more with each passing day! You really do light up my life and bring so much laughter to our home! I am so proud you are mine and not a day goes by that I do not thank the Lord for you! I am so humbled that He has put me where I am today and that He has given your daddy and I the opportunity to raise you and point you toward HIMSELF!
I LOVE You, My little Pumpkin, My Sunshine, Our Roo!
Love, your mommy