Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Father's Day




I must start by sending a hug out to the Father's in our lives! Flint and I are so blessed with amazing dads! I can't speak for Flint, but I am so thankful for a dad who was always there. That is so key in raising a family! My dad was a strong man who pointed his family toward Christ! He was also such a hard worker. I can't even begin to imagine all of the hours he worked and the sacrifices he made to provide the best life for his family. Not to mention I have a really fun dad!!! He expected the best and he wouldn't settle for anything less from me! Speaking of sacrifices...there is no telling how many unfortunate events my dad had to sit through throughout my childhood...dance recitals, school plays, dance competitions, piano recitals, gymnastic lessons, high school ball games, tryouts, school dances the list could go on and on! Nevertheless, he was always there and I never once heard him complain...much like our Heavenly Father!!! That is why I picked this card for my dad! It probably sums up how he felt deep down! So, we salute, you both- Larry and Ray! We love you guys!
We made a quick trip up to Fort Worth Saturday night so that we could spend Sunday with Ray. We had a wonderful day! We went to church as a family...yes, even my mother-in-law, Cilla, went... which is a huge praise!!! She has been very sick! Then we went out for Chinese food! What precious time- 
time together as a family!

My grandfather (mom's dad) is the only grandfather that either of us have living. So, I send my love to you, too, Grandpa! We were both, once again, blessed with wonderful grandparents who have deeply impacted our lives.


























Fathers, do not exasperate your children; instead, bring them up in the training and instruction of the Lord. Ephesians 6:4

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Glad to see you posting again! That is a sweet card. I also remember your dad being there for you during high school and college. Always quiet, but would do anything for his daughter. We are both so blessed to have amazing dads.

Hope the move went well! Are you planning on coming into town for the reunion?

The "W" Family said...

Glad to see you up and running again. You'll have to post new pics of your house- i bet it looks great already.

Rachel said...

Hey girl --

I'm going to send you an e-mail on facebook with all the information about the reunion. You might want to send an e-mail to Shamika and Monique, just because the "deadline" to register is tomorrow. I wouldn't worry, though:)

Kelly said...

You updated!!! Yeay!!! I hope this will be a trend - I want to see your new house. hint hint!!!