Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day

Today is my first Mother's Day. It has been such a wonderful day!
We went to Sunday School...Little Bit is not going to the nursery until she gets her first round of shots, which is tomorrow! She is the perfect little baby while she is in with the adults. She is quite as a mouse and sleeps most of time! After church Flint took me to one of my very favorite places in town- Cafe Cappuccino. They have Banana Nut French Toast that is to die for!!!
Getting ready to leave for church...already asleep!

This afternoon I laid Cilla on the bed and she was smiling at me ear to ear! It melts her mommy's heart when she does this! I caught a little grin in this picture.


This has been a bitter sweet Mother's Day for me. Nothing makes me happier right now than to be a mom, but today a big part of us is not here. Today is Flint's first Mother's Day without his mom. It breaks my heart that sweet Cilla will never know her Grammie on this earth. But, she will know how much she was loved by her Grammie before she was ever born.

I also want to say Happy Mother's Day to my mom. She has been an amazing support the last two months. I have the most selfless mom in world. I hope I am half as good of a mom as she is! Thanks, mom, for all you do for us. We all love you very much and can't wait to see you again soon!

9 comments:

Kelly said...

Love her outfit!
Rebekah - she is just BEAUTIFUL!!!!

I'm so jealous of her sleeping!!!!

Laurie said...

Happy first Mother's Day to you! Cilla is a doll! Love that outfit.

His Doorkeeper said...

Happy first Mother's Day!! Cilla is just a doll...love her outfit!

I was just thinking of how life is not always the way we plan it. I know Flint is missing his mother and you are a new mother. Losing a very loved one and yet gaining a dearly loved child. It is hard to fathom sometimes. Hope Flint is doing OK. God loves you all.

You have a beautiful family! Blessings!

Corby and Lauren said...

I love that sweet smile!!!! I need to see her soon!

Laura Ann said...

Okay, she is PERFECT and oh so cute and sassy. I am so glad you had a Happy Mother's Day.

I can understand how Flint feels as I lost my father 2 1/2 years ago. The first year and all the firsts are the hardest. It does get better with time. But like him, I am sure he would have given anything for his Mom to see that sweet little girl this side of heaven.

I hope you are having a great week.

Deb said...

OMG - she is just perfect! I can't to see our babies playing together!

Sally said...

what a sweetie, love her grinning like that! can't wait to see her and ya'll again soon - we coming back to the land of the living finally i think, ha!
hugs!

Ang said...

She is gorgeous! I love your music too :)

alyssa said...

o my gosh she is SOOOOOOO adorable!! love that outfit!!