Sunday, August 9, 2009

7 Years

WOW! I can't believe Flint and I celebrated our seventh anniversary this year! We were married on August 3, 2002 at University Baptist Church in Fayetteville, Arkansas. That is the church we attended together in college! We had such a fun wedding weekend. Sometimes I would love to go back and just bottle up the fun and the innocence of that day.

...and I thought I loved you then!
Our Rehearsal Dinner
It was "Texas" themed and absolutely wonderful. Are you surprised?!?!
What a ride it has been!!! Three houses, two states, and one little girl later...here we are in Waco, Texas!!! It may not have gone according to how WE would have ideally liked it to, but God has been faithful to provide us with more than we could have imagined! Life is good!

Flint,
I love you from the depths of my heart! You are such a wonderful husband. You are so thoughtful, caring, loyal, and you are such a wonderful leader and provider for our family. I appreciate that you seek God's will for direction for your life. I see all the time how you were made just for me! You are a wonderful daddy to Baby Cilla. She is so lucky to have you as her earthly father. I know that you will train her in a way that is pleasing in God's sight by modeling what it means to be a Godly husband and dad to her. I am so proud of you. No one I know has been through more this past year and you have handled it with such grace and dignity. I am proud YOU are MINE!!! I have loved spending the last seven years being married to you and I can't wait to see where the next seven takes us!!! I only thought I loved you then!

"This kind of love is why I'm standing here
It's something that we can share
I can't get enough of this kind of love"
-Sister Hazel

5 comments:

Rachel said...

Congratulations, Rebekah and Flint! I just remember the phone conversation you had with your parents when we were roomates about UBC....."and Rachel goes there, too." I'm so happy that it turned out this well for you!

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary!

The Allens said...

What a sweet post and your wedding pictures are great!

Megan said...

7 years, really?! I was honored to be in your beautiful wedding. I think I still have my Flint & Rebekah tshirt somewhere.

Sally said...

woo hoo!! August 3rd, 2002 was a FABULOUS day. :)