Monday, September 28, 2009

Arkansas Trip

Cilla and I made a trip to Arkansas last week. It was her first time to fly in an airplane and I must say, she was a champ! Here she is in the airport waiting to get on the plane. Can't you see the excitement on her face. As if she knew all of the new friends she would be making! She was such a little ham!
While we were in Arkansas, we got to meet this sweet girl...
Harper's mom, Kelly, and I met several years ago while I was still in college. Her best friend and roommate, Laurie, led a bible study that I was a part of one summer and then we all just became friends. Kelly and I both had little girls about two months apart. So, we had lots of stories to share and could definitely relate to what the other was going through.
I have feel so blessed that God has put so many wonderful women in my life along the way. Kelly and Laurie were such wonderful examples of Godly women to me several years ago. Now they both have young girls close to Cilla's age and I have them to look to as Godly mothers and for support as I go through this journey of parenthood! God knows just what you need!
Cilla, for the record, was NOT on her best behavior at lunch, but, Harper, on the other hand, was seriously so good! I loved getting to meet her and see her in person. She was just as precious as all of her pictures and she was oh so sweet!
Speaking of wonderful women, we got to see my dear friend Katie, briefly, but her girls were napping for the 45 minutes we spent with her, so we did not get any pics. We were too busy visiting!!!!

And the main reason for our trip to Arkansas (besides seeing Cilla's Nana and Poppa) was to celebrate this precious gal....
Laura, was my sorority sister and roommate through college and is the best friend a girl could ask for! I love her so much! She is expecting a baby boy at the beginning of November, so we went to Little Rock to help her celebrate baby Braysen and to help with her baby shower! We love you "Aunt" Laura and can't wait to meet baby Braysen!!

This is Laura with her aunt, her mom, and her cousin.
The proud parents-to-be!!!
Cilla and I at the shower!
The hostesses
I also got to see my friend Hillary (second from the right). She was one of my dear college friends and one of Laura's high school friends.
It was so good to be around so many old and dear friends. I miss you all so much. I am sorry if I missed seeing you while in Arkansas. As you know our time there is never long enough. Hopefully, I will get to see you next trip!
Oh and I am convinced that after looking at these pictures that I HAVE to tone up my arms....YUCK!

We had such a fun trip and wonderful visit with my mom and dad! It is always refreshing to have all their help and watch them love on Cilla! We can't wait for our next trip!

8 comments:

Sally said...

awwww, soooo sweet! how fun to get to make that trip and see some good friends! cilla of course looked presh the whole time!!! and so did you!!
glad ya'll had a great trip, miss seeing ya!

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great trip! I hope you had fun! It is such a blessing to christian friendships. To encourage us and one another!

Have a great week, Ginger

Sarah said...

Cute pics and so glad y'all had a great time! And way to go Cilla on the airplane! Hope to see y'all soon!

Sarah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

what fun! cilla looks like you in that first picture!

Corby and Lauren said...

I'm glad y'all had a great time in LR!!! Cilla is just precious! I need to see her soon!

Kim said...

Looks like ya'll had lots of fun! Cilla is just the cutest thing!!

Kristen said...

Don't you just love being around pregnant people now? It's so exciting to know what they are about to experience. Cilla looks precious, as always. :)