Thursday, November 19, 2009

Christmas Spirit

What?!?! This paranoid mom just became a little more paranoid. Read this article about Santa Claus worrying about getting H1N1. Golly, I haven't even thought about this!!! I just went from wanting to take Cilla to meet Santa to thinking we might wait until her second Christmas to let her sit on the big guy's lap! I am thinking it is not such a great idea to take her since so many other kids will be lov'in all over him! Not sure if I would have taken Cilla to the Waco mall to begin with, but now...pretty sure the answer is NO!!! Am I over-reacting?!?!

Not to rush Thanksgiving....I love it so much. But, I am so excited about Christmas this year. Maybe because it got overlooked last year or maybe because we have a little someone to add to the joy of the season! I know it will not mean much to our 9 month old... but, I can't wait to tell her the Christmas story and begin to teach her the TRUE meaning of Christmas. I can't wait to teach her to love others and give to others. We have already picked out a family with a little baby girl to adopt this Christmas. This is something that we plan to do with Cilla every year. She is so blessed and we want her to know that and to value that! I can't wait to get to spend time as a family of three and to start our own family traditions. Although, I know it is so insignificant, I look forward to seeing her light up and be blessed with gifts of her own! Oh I am so excited just thinking about it and I am ready to go get the Christmas decorations out of the attic!!! I love Christmas!
I was actually thinking this morning about one of my all time favorite Christmas movies- the new Miracle on 34th Street. We will watch it over the Thanksgiving holiday (we, as in, me and my mom!) Oh, I love it! It has a good message. The whole theme behind the movie is believing in something we can't see. Which, as a Christian, I think is what celebrating Christmas is. We have FAITH that Jesus came to earth as a baby. We have FAITH that he loved us so much he gave his life on a cross for us. And we have FAITH that he is in Heaven and we will be, too, if we are saved by HIS grace and allow Him to come live in us.
Here is the trailer from the movie. Take a look at if you you have not seen the movie. Look for the scene with the little deaf girl sitting on Santa's lap...I cry every time I watch that part. He was the first Santa to ever be able to speak to her in sign language! Awwww...I love it!

8 comments:

Jennifer said...

Good point - I had not even thought of that. I love Miracle on 34th Street too but the old one is my favorite.

Sally said...

ha ha, hilarious!!!!

Brycen said...

I heard about that on the news. I think we will still go. We have already had the swine flu and vaccinations at our house. Hoping he can't get it again!! HA!

kjgohogs said...

Too Funny! Flint may have to dress up as Santa Claus this year - You just have to have Cilla's pic made with Santa!!

Jennifer said...

Oh no! I had not even thought about that. Maybe brody can just wear a mask in his pic with santa so he doesn't catch germs! Haha!

Kristen said...

I have that movie on VHS and DVD - it is one of my all time favorites, also. :) I love the church scene. I love it much more than the old one. My heart is already overflowing with joy for Christmas this year - it's amazing what a baby can do (pun intended!). Now I feel like quoting the Faith Hill song (17...much too young...) ha!

The Undomestic Mom said...

I just came across your blog--its so cute! Im so glad I read that about santa...i had not thought about that and I am a super paranoid-germaphobe mom!

The Undomestic Mom said...

I just came across your blog--its so cute! Im so glad I read that about santa...i had not thought about that and I am a super paranoid-germaphobe mom!