Monday, April 26, 2010

Springtime in Texas

So, I got in trouble from my hubby this weekend......He had a little birthday date with our little Roo and the pics did not make the blog.  Sorry, babe!  So, apparently, I have some catching up to do.  I hear by dedicate this week to making up March and April.  
Here is my first attempt.
We have spent lots of time at BU sporting events this spring a)because the weather has been fantastic and b)because it is easy entertainment for our kiddo!  Since Flint works with the men's and women's tennis teams we watch lots of tennis matches!
Our little "people.watcher"
 
Besides the fact that I have four and a half chins in this picture, it makes me smile!
Cilla got to meet her new four.legged pal Jake!
Everyone, meet Jake!
And here is Jake's mommy and one of Cilla's biggest fans (and A+ Babysitters).  This is Jordan and I highly recommend that you hop on over to Puplets and Polkadots for a fun read!  She is the author and is so cute and lots of fun!
Cilla also got to meet her new friend, Aaron.  Isn't he precious?!?  We had a fun lunch and a great visit with Aaron and his momma, Sara.  Cilla and Aaron are just two days apart in age, so it was fun to watch them together!  And Sara, you are a breath of fresh air and I loved my time with you!
Look at these two!  Already learning to share!
"What else has the Miss Cilla been up to the last few weeks?", You might ask.
Well she discovered that she can crawl into MY old baby doll crib.  I am not sure about how many years old something must be before it is officially an antique, but I am pretty sure this jewel is now an antique and was probably never intended to hold a 24lb hunk of love!
We spend lots of time walking to the lake in our neighborhood and watching the ducks.  Cilla loves the ducks and points to the lake every time we drive in to our neighborhood.
Here is a momma duck and her babies.
And this past week, Miss Priss learned that there is more to life than her mom and dad feeding her with a spoon.  She figured out that she, too, can feed herself with a spoon.  A new found independence.  Let the REAL MESSES begin!
{Please make note of the living breathing vacuum we call Katie sitting patiently under the high chair.  What would I do without her?}

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love her little dress and her shoes! Adorable!!

www.dukeandsarah.blogspot.com

Ham Family said...

Sweet, sweet Cilla!! What a great update of what you gals have been doing lately!! Keep 'em coming!

Sarah said...

Love that picture of Cilla smilin'! She's so precious! Let us know if there are any more tennis matches - Luke loved the last one!

The Allens said...

That was so sweet! I loved meeting you, too, and hope we can get together again soon! I love Cilla's green dress in the top pictures. And I love the living breathing vacuum cleaner. This is justa great post all together.

Unknown said...

I don't have a "Katie" but think I might invest in one since I have a little one who is learning to eat on her own, too. Doggie helps out lots with spills!

Unknown said...

We have a four legged hairy vacuum also. Don't know what we would do without her. Well I guess I do know I would have to sweep and mop a lot more than I already do. Loved all the updates.

Kristen said...

She IS a hunk of love, isn't she?! I LOVE that second picture of you holding her - that smile is magic.

Nicki W. said...

she is a muffin for sure!!!!

Brittney said...

Love baby Cilla, and she looks so cute in her little dress! Lunch was fun today, friend. Let's do it again soon!

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures and the "living vaccuum cleaner"! Cilla is adorable in her green dress!

Robyn Beele said...

I love that picture at the bottom. We have a live vacuum also!!

Jennifer said...

This is so crazy! I know Jordan! She worked at T Bar M with one of my best friends from college so I met her through Maggie. We were both in Maggie's wedding when I was pregnant with Brody.She is so cute and sweet!

Rachel said...

I just love Springtime! Cilla is growing up so fast. I am so glad that things are going well for you guys! We may be heading down to your area for a family reunion on Matt's side in mid-late July. I'll keep you updated, and hopefully its at a time we can meet up.