Saturday, March 20, 2010

Spring Break in the ATL

Ffor Spring Break (yes, the hubby works for Baylor University, so we still get a spring break) we packed up our bags and headed to the ATL. One of Flint's dearest friends is a youth pastor just outside of Atlanta. Ella is Scott (also loving known as Maxwell) and Dru's little girl. She is two months older than Cilla and is such a sweet baby and is as cute as can be!
Here we are heading to Fort Worth. We left the puppies with Pappy and flew out of DFW. It is hard to tell just how much we had packed in the back of the Tahoe! Traveling just isn't what it used to be!
One of the first spots we hit up once we arrived in Georgia was The Mellow Mushroom. We have been to The Mellow Mushroom before, but we do not have one in Waco so it was a treat.
And what would a trip be without a stop at Target to pick up diapers (and formula). Yes, my one year old is still drinking formula. We finally found out that she is lactose intolerant, which comes as no big surprise since Flint was, too. But, we are having a hard time getting her to take to other milk alternatives. Any advice?

Here are Ella and Cilla riding in the buggy on the shopping cart! We had lots of people staring at us as we paraded through the store.
On Friday we made our appearance at the Georgia Aquarium. I must say, it exceeded all of my expectations!
Cilla was so fascinated by everything.
...and so was her daddy!
This is a big shark that we saw as we walked through the tunnel!
Cilla LOVED standing at the fish tanks.
Jellyfish
It was so cute to watch the excitement on her little face. She just soaked everything in like a sponge.
I must admit that as much as the little girls enjoyed themselves, I think the grown-ups enjoyed their time at the aquarium even more! It was a fun day and we had two really tired babies by mid-afternoon.
We had a couple of rainy days while we were there, so the girls enjoyed playing in the church gym.
Cilla jumps on any opportunity to have wide open spaces to crawl around.
Thank you Max and Dru for your hospitality. We had so much fun with you guys. Thanks for taking us to do so many fun things and thanks for just hanging around with us over your weekend. We love our time with you guys! We are so thankful for your sweet friendship and the laughter that it brings to our lives! We love ya'll!

11 comments:

Courtney Cox said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! I agree traveling is just so complicated these days. I wish you would have seen my tahoe filled with luggage the other night when we were in Waco and that was just for me and Tate! ha!

Kelly said...

Such a fun week!!! I'm glad ya'll had such a great trip!

Corby and Lauren said...

The aquarium is AMAZING!!! We've only been once, but I can't wait to take Harper the next time we visit Corby's brother! I'm glad y'all had a great trip. Cilla is cuter than ever!!! Harper wants to play with her friend soon!

Unknown said...

we were on formula with walker til 2??? i can't remember-- i just thought it was better for him since it had all of those extra vitamins and nutrients...think we did enfamil older baby formula. no worries girl--you are doing great at this mommy thing--PS- Ask Flint how he got a Spring Break--I never did when I worked there...but I guess it was a nice trade off to travel with the WBB team to the basketball tourneys :)
Sic Em Always!

Unknown said...

PS- If you didn't know I'm (gtown1)
EJ Williams ;)

The Allens said...

How fun! I LOVE Mellow Mushroom. That sounds like a great trip. When are you heading to Dallas??? :)

Lyndsey said...

I wish I would have known that you all were going to be here. I would have loved to have seen you!

We LOVE Mellow Mushroom. I hope you tried their Esperanza dressing....it is SOOOOOOOOO good!

We love the aquarium! Sounds like you guys did such fun things and had a great time with your friends.

Let me know the next time you all are intown!

Kristen said...

She really is just such a nugget! And I can't tell you how happy it makes me to see another baby girl her age with no hair still. :)

LOVE Atlanta - spent my summers their with the grandparents growing up. Go Dawgs, too. :)

Deb said...

How is it possible that she is actually getting cuter and cuter?!!!! We need to have a play date!

Kate said...

I dropped in to visit from the link of KellysKorner. My daughter is allergic to milk (she's 6 now...) and we had a hard time getting her off formula as well. She just wasn't thrilled by the other milk alternatives. Eventually, we were able to get her to drink Silk Very Vanilla soy milk from her Sippy cup and she still drinks it today. It's actually really good! My Ped. said it was perfectly fine to use the soy based "toddler" formula while I experimented to see if I could find something Lilly would finally drink. Another possible option is rice or coconut milk. Rice milk is alot thinner than soy, though and wasn't a big hit at our house! Best of luck!

amy (metz) walker said...

Next time you're in town, let me know! I want to meet up if you've got a couple minutes to spare! Looks like y'all had a great trip...love the pics!