Sunday, September 11, 2011

We Remember

I can't believe it has been 10 years.
Just like everyone else, I remember that morning.  I remember exactly where I was.  And I remember my world stopping that September day.




I will always remember the events that changed our world forever.  I will also never forget the lives that were lost and the brave men and women who stepped up that day and in the days thereafter.  Rather than accepting defeat, they showed we are a strong nation.  They exemplified what it means to be an American.  Because of 9/11, I have a pride for our country and appreciation for our serve people that I will carry with me for the rest of my life. 
"With the distance of a decade, 9/11 can feel like a part of a different era, but for the families of the men and women stolen...that day will never feel like history," 
-President George W. Bush
This boy is rubbing his dad's name from the memorial at Ground Zero.  That touches my heart so deeply.  So many innocent lives affected by such evil acts.
 These images still move me to tears.
We remember.

2 comments:

Janette @ The Johanson Journey said...

What a sweet tribute to the day. I was driving to work this morning 9/12 and they were still talking about that day 10 years ago and I was okay.... until they played a song where you hear a little child talking about Daddy and where he is now and tears were welling up.... 10 years is a long time but the feeling is still fresh especially from a child's perspective.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful post. We all must remember 9/11 and those that lost there lives. Great work.