Monday, June 20, 2011

Mmmm, Mmmm Monday: Bon Bons

Some people call these Oreo Balls, but they have always been known as Bon Bons around our house.  And let me tell you, they are a crowd (and Harris family) favorite!!!
They are simple to make, but it just takes a little time and patience to make them pretty!

Bon Bons
Package of Plain ole Oreos
8 ounces Cream Cheese, room temperature
Chocolate or White Almond Bark

I crush the cookies in my food processor until they are all crushed and there are no chucks.  Then I add add the cream cheese into the food processor to mix it in.  Cover a large baking sheet with foil.  Spoon the Oreo mixture on the baking sheet.  I use a cookie baller to do this.  It helps make them more equal in size and more perfectly round.  Put the balls in the freezer.  Melt your Almond Bark according to the directions on the package.  It burns easily, so do not over-cook it.  Dip balls into chocolate and let excess drip off.  Place Chocolate covered balls onto the baking sheet to harden.  You may want to drizzle with the opposite flavor of Almond Bark.  The chocolate covered Bon Bons have always been my favorite.  But, the last time we had them we tried white ones and I think I might like them even more!  Especially topped with some chocolate Almond Bark!  Yum!

2 comments:

Janette @ The Johanson Journey said...

You have a way of always making me hungry and yet I keep coming back for more!! Always enjoy your posts and pictures too :)

~aj~ said...

Girl, you are speaking my language! I was just thinking about these 2 nights ago. I've been wanting to make them for forever and now I definitely am!