Monday, October 3, 2011

Mmmm, Mmmm Monday: Apple Dumpling


This is another Harris family favorite and it is a super duper fall dessert.  This recipe is a deviation from Pioneer Woman's dumpling recipe.  We have it down to an art and it is perfection, if I do say do myself!  Eat it at your own risk!!!
 
Apple Dumpling
2 whole Granny Smith Apples
2 cans (8 Oz. Cans) Crescent Rolls
1 stick Butter
1 1/2 cup Sugar
1 teaspoon Vanilla
2 teaspoons Cinnamon
1 can (12 Oz.) Mountain Dew Soda

Preparation
Peel and core apples. Cut each apple into 8 slices each. Roll each apple slice in a crescent roll. Place in a 9 x 13 buttered pan.
Melt butter, then add sugar and cinnamon, stir.  Will be thick and grainy.  Add vanilla, stir, and pour entire mixture over apples. Pour Mountain Dew over the dumplings. Bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes. Serve with Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla ice cream, and spoon some of the sweet sauces from the pan over the top.
You will not be disappointed!!!

4 comments:

Kellie said...

I am SO making this!!!

His Doorkeeper said...

I hate to admit this but I make these all the time and Hubs eats two and then I usually eat the rest of them during the week. (I cut the recipe in half for just the two of us) They are good just warmed in the microwave for a few minutes! The best part is they are so EASY to make!!

April said...

I saw this recipe, DROOLED, and then made them for the first time for my small group last night. They were DELICIOUS and everyone loved them. Thanks for a great suggestion :-)

Jenny B. said...

Making these for a fall party here called pumplefest! It's a potluck competition of pumpkin and apple dishes. I've won two years in a row, and I think these could be a winner!!