Thursday, October 20, 2011

Tuesday

Tuesday I had my discipleship class and just like every other week, I was so encouraged and so blessed.  This week Michelle Duggar came to speak to our group and she brought along her oldest daughters and her daughter-in-love, Anna, as she calls her!
She spoke about many of the same topics from training your children, instilling Godly character and discipline.  What mother can't learn a little something in that area of their life?!  I feel like I take it all in like a sponge.  I certainly do not agree with everything that the Duggar family does.  But, one thing is for sure.  They love their Savior.  I am so thankful that Michelle takes time out of her busy schedule, and if you ever hear her speak about training her children, you would know just how busy this momma is.  I get exhausted just listening to her.  But, I am so blessed from hearing her.
Here is our group with Michelle and her oldest daughters. 
 I don't know how she does it.  I seriously have darker circles under my eyes and more wrinkles than she does!  And I only have ONE!  
Such a sweet lady!
After we got home, Cilla took a two and a half hour nap.  Then she took a three hour nap yesterday!  We are turning a new leaf at the Harris house!

5 comments:

Janette @ The Johanson Journey said...

I can't imagine how she handles all of her kids and still has time to get out and speak.. I have 3 and feel like I can barely get to the grocery store! Very cool you've been able to see her a few times!

Katie said...

That's so fun! I'm glad you got to hear her again.

YEA for Cilla's long naps! That's awesome, and I know it's so good for you, too. ; )

Jenna said...

You know how jealous I am that I didn't go to this! ;-) I just adore her! So glad I got to see you on Monday!

Jennifer said...

Yay for longer naps!!!

I seriously think I look about 10 years older than Michelle! I was amazed by her skin!

Lilly, Reid, Matt, and Sara said...

Yay for the naps!

I loved hearing her speak again.

Also, I am so happy that you posted that fruit salsa recipe! I love that stuff. (:

Hope you guys had a great weekend.