Monday, October 31, 2011

The Princess and The Pumpkin

Once again, I have found myself with so much to write about and so little time.  We have literally gone nonstop since last Thursday when daddy left for Nashville.  In fact, Thursday was so hectic and I knew the weekend would be jammed packed, so Cilla and I curled up in my bed on Thursday night for a girls' night.  We put on our jammies.  We watched Dumbo.  And we ate popcorn for dinner!  That's right!  And as much fun as we have had over the last few days, it was probably the sweetest moments we shared all weekend.  I just love that Cilla girl.  She talks non stop and it so witty, but she is so tender-hearted all at the same time.  But, enough about that, on to the fun stuff!
After a little play time with our friends, lunch and Nana and Poppa's arrival in town we headed to Chick-fil-A Friday evening for Princess and Superhero night!  It was CRAZY but so so fun to see all the little cuties dressed up and enjoying themselves!
Some of our friends were there, too!  Princess Stella, who Cilla has started referring to as her BFF, along with Princess Cilla!  Oh dear!  I can only imagine what it will be like with a twelve year old!  Cilla has also mastered the chin to the shoulder move when she smiles.  Again, OH DEAR!
There was nail painting.  Face painting.  Balloon flowers for the girls and balloon swords for the boys.  I just love Chick-Fil-A.  Besides the fact that I genuinely like their food, their service is impeccable and I greatly appreciate their commitment to the family.
 Cilla with another sweet friend, Lilly.  Lilly goes to church with us and is in Cilla's class at school.  So, these two spend a lot of time together.  Cilla's report home from school last Thursday read, "Had a fun day with Lilly."  Not sure exactly what that meant, but I love that she is making friends.  
 Saturday, we set out to Farmland Adventures.  I hated to miss watching Arkansas play Vandy, but let's face it, that doesn't really ever happen with a two year old anyway!
Turns out, we made the right decision.  The game stunk and Farmland was a blast!
Cilla loved petting all the animals.  I am pretty sure this girl has never met an animal she didn't like!
 Petting the goats.....
 ...and the ponies.
 Taking it all in.
 Then we took a ride on the wagon that was pulled by this beauty!
  "Farmer Jed", as Cilla called this man, let her hop on Andy the cow!  We have a book about a  farmer and his name is Farmer Jed.  She has a big imagination, but probably couldn't come up with that on her own just yet!
Cilla loved playing in the corn.
 And we couldn't leave without pictures in the pumpkins!  My little Pumpkin!
 Before you are a mom, you dream about your kids taking Christmas card pictures and pictures with Santa and their Halloween costumes and Easter dresses- the list could go on and on.  One thing I have always loved are kids at the pumpkin patch!  And now, after having a little one, I know that those things do not always go according to plan.  Cilla wouldn't let me put her down last year to take her picture with a pumpkin.  And look at her now.  Hamming it up!  What a difference a year makes!
I have always called her my little pumpkin!  And, what a sweet one she is!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is such a doll! I agree taking the kids to the pumpkin patch is one of my favorite things about fall. Let me know if you all will be in the Nashville area after the new year were going to be stationed close by after the new year!

Green Girl said...

Cilla is seriously so stinkin cute! The poses in the first couple are hilarious.
She is going to break a TON of hearts for sure.
That killer smile with her confidence will have the boys going crazy for her!

Tooooo sweet!

His Doorkeeper said...

Cilia is such a darling little girl! That pic of her(with her cute little friend Lilly) with her chin planted on her shoulder is just the cutest!!

Lilly, Reid, Matt, and Sara said...

I am just LOVING her princess pose! And the pumpkin patch pictures are adorable too. LOVE that Cilla!