Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Cilla'isms

With this being birthday week and all, I am feeling a little nostalgic!  I look back and regret not documenting more, which explains my new burst in blog posts!  So, for reading entertainment and for this mommy's sentimental side, I wanted to record some of the things that Cilla does and says at the age of two.
TWO!  I still almost tear up thinking about how fast the last two years have gone by!  It is such a broad range of emotions because at the same time I absolutely love this age and all that Cilla is learning!

* One of the most precious things that Cilla says (in my book) is "Hold you, mommy" when she wants to be held.  It can get a little whinny at times, but more than ever I am convinced that I better hold her anytime she will let me because those times are becoming fewer and farther between.
* She is starting to grow out of it a little because she can say just about anything she wants to these days, but she refers to animals (mostly farm animals) by their sounds.  For instance, "Neighs".  Cilla loves loves loves "Neighs".
* If you ask her what her name is (she has JUST recently started saying it...she wouldn't for what seemed like forever) she says "Willa".  Little sweetie can't say her C's or S's.  Which leads me to the next one.
* Sophie's name is "Wophie".  Swing is "wing".  You get the idea.
* She is also having a hard time with her "F" sound so "football" is "bootball".  
* She loves for Flint to throw her in the air so she says, "High, daddy, high"!  Again, super cute!
* She gives kisses as if she were blowing a kiss only she reaches out to touch your lips.  She has been doing this for a while and I will be so sad when she outgrows it.  It is SO her!
* She sleeps with about 24 of her closest (stuffed) friends.  Oh yes, and at least 3 "babies" which are her blankets!  
* She has the most mischievous laugh!  Part cute.  Part mess.  Either way, it makes me smile!
* Cilla LOVES public transportation.  She can spot a bus from a mile away- "blue buses", "green buses", "hog buses", you name it she can spot it!  She also likes firetrucks and police cars, which taxis fall into the same category as police cars, in case you were wondering.  And possible her favorite mode of transportation- the airplane!  She goes crazy when she sees or hears one.  
* She is very independent and says, "No mommy, I do it", which normally still leads to mommy's help!
* She loves to watch basketball with daddy.  She tells me all the time when it is on.
* We have a bowl of candy in our laundry room which contains some mini Kit Kat's and Cilla will hold up one finger and and ask for "One Kit Kat, Momma".  Do you think she has heard that a time or two?!
* And for holding up fingers, she holds up both index fingers for "two"!
* She could move and line up the water bottles from a garage fridge all day long.  One day she was in the garage and I was just inside my house trying to get a few things done and she came to get me to show me that she had taken all of the water bottles out of the refrigerator and put them in her stroller.  It was loaded and she couldn't have been more excited!!!
* She loves anything with a Hog on it...That's my girl!
* She loves all things pink and purple and her favorite shoes are her "parkly" ones.  For those you who can't interpret that it means "sparkly" in Cilla terms!

I wish so badly I could bottle up the little things she does and says, so this is the next best thing!
On my agenda for today: Enjoy my one year old.
Tomorrow she will be two.


9 comments:

Janette @ The Johanson Journey said...

How sweet!! I am not very good at documenting the special moments either!! Gotta use your inspiration to do it myself!!

Jenny B. said...

TWO??!! I can't believe she's 2! Sweet girl. I remembe when we first met you and she was 4 months old! These years do go by way too fast.

The Allens said...

I can't handle this! Two is really hitting me hard.

The "W" Family said...

happy birthday sweet cilla! I feel like every birthday is hard...but good! like you said, wish you could bottle it up!

Lilly, Reid, Matt, and Sara said...

I love her little Cilla'isms. She is such a sweet girl and her smile and laugh are awesome! Such a cutie!

Jennifer said...

Birthday week will always be hard but there is something about turning 2 that makes a mama a little sad. Cilla is so adorable!

Kristen said...

Happy Birthday Sweet Cilla! You are truly my Cassie Beth's little twin and we love you 'Willa! :)

sarah @ life {sweet} life said...

These are SO sweet. She is just a doll Rebekah! I'm so sad we won't be able to make it to her special day. Happy Birthday Cilla! :)

Katie Rasmussen said...

What a great post!!! I love hearing about what she's up to. Can't believe she's already 2!! Seems like just yesterday I was visiting you in the hospital :)