Sunday, March 27, 2011

Keeping it Real

This is what happens at our house when mommy gets a shower and the two year old is left semi-unsupervised.....
*please disregard the horrible lighting in the picture!
Flint went to church early and I was left to get both of us ready this morning.  While I was in the shower and getting dressed, Cilla got a bottle of lotion and put it all over her face (and jammies and my bed) and threw diapers all over the floor!  For the love!
This, however, pales in comparison to the lip liner artwork on the back of my bathroom door or the toilet paper roll completely unrolled in the bathroom floor or the Rice Krispies all over the kitchen floor (see this post) or even the shattered make-up bottles and fingernail polish bottles!  
So, now you know why I skip showers some days!

6 comments:

Linds said...

oh. my. word. and I thought brayden was bad! haha! we put him in his room with a babygate... he's yet to learn how to climb out, so for now, it works.

Shannon said...

Haha! But she is sooo cute while doing it!! :) I was painting my toenails in the bathroom the other day and Westin comes in and crawls right over them! He had red nail polish all over him and and smeared it on my toes and all over the floor. He was totally oblivious. Haha

I would love to come over to your house and help you if you really need me! Let me know.

Anonymous said...

How cute! I probably have it in for me with Thomas because Lillian never got into much and still doesn't really...So I better really keep my eyes on Thomas! lol

The Mrs. said...

So...the moral of the story is that showers are overrated when you have a two year old! Got it....good advice!!! ;)

Unknown said...

Ti usually starts eating the toothepaste or plays in the toilet when I leave him alone for a minute. I think I would rather have lotion on the clothes than toilet water. grossssssss Just remember all the things she is learning during these investigating moments.

Kristen said...

Is this all 2 year olds, or are some kids prone to this? Girl, I feel your pain. I was just on the phone and after hanging up, I find Cassidy throwing all the plastic bowls out of the dirty dishwasher. AND the Windex and Pledge are out and have clearly been sprayed. Yep, she found her way PAST the "childproofed" cabinet. Awesome. Last week I had to call Poison control b/c she got into some stool softeners (left over from being pregnant with Grady). I had to count them out and thankfully she only ate 2. I just pray everyday that Jesus will protect her from this stuff, and from me. ;)