Wednesday, March 2, 2011

You Make Me Happy

First order of business, I have to ask anyone who reads this to please pray for my friend Sarah today.  She is having surgery in Houston at 7:30 AM to have a tumor removed from her frontal lobe. I may totally butcher all the details, so for more of her story you can read The Fries Family Blog or Sarah's Sis-in-Law, Ang's Blog.  
This story just touches me down to my bones.  Besides the fact that I know Sarah and her family personally, Sarah is a wife and a mother of two precious little ones.  I had the opportunity last week to take her family dinner and to visit with her and she is amazing!  AMAZING!  We laughed and laughed and laughed, as always!  I know that their family is humbled and deeply touched by everyone who is lifting her up in prayer through this time.
As for the Little Miss.....
She just makes me smile and I am just so thankful that I get to be her mommy and spend my days with her.  She is such a ball of energy and is sharper than a tack.  She keeps me on my toes and I love it!
I asked her to tell me some of the things that make her happy today and she replied Mommy/Daddy (yes, we go together like peas and carrots!).  Besides, naming a few friends and "Woph"/Katie (also a package deal) she said that Jesus makes her happy! Melt my heart.  
Cilla Harris, 
You make my life so much sweeter! I hope that one day you can truly say that you understand how wide and deep Jesus's love is for you.  I hope that HE is where you find your happiness!

3 comments:

Janette @ The Johanson Journey said...

Aw Rebekah, I think it was very sweet of you to post asking for prayers.. I'm timid to ask for them on my blog but sometimes you just gotta do what is important to you. I will def. keep Sarah and her family in my thoughts.
Your daughter really is adorable!! I love hearing about her little convo's with you. My daughter is 8months old and I told my husband she would be 16 years old or moving out before she said "Mom-ma" She's got Dada down pat and Uh Oh... but agh! I look forward to those days like you have!! :)

Jennifer said...

Oh Cilla! I just think you are the sweetest and you melt my heart, too!

sarah @ life {sweet} life said...

That story just breaks my heart...definitely praying!!

And Cilla's sweet smile is just priceless! Did she get a haircut??