Tuesday, March 1, 2011

San Diego: Sea World

Our third day in San Diego was spent at Sea World.  This was one of my favorite things when I was younger and definitely some of my favorite memories from our trips to Orlando.  So, I was uber excited about going.  I think I was more excited than anyone else in my family!  We had lots of chances to interact with the animals.  I have mentioned how much our daughter LOVES animals?!?!  It was so fun!

The Polar Bears.

The Walrus.
The Belugas.
This is Ulysses, even though most of us refer to Killer Whales as Shamu.  Amazing.
Watching the "Dolphs", as Cilla likes to call them.
Petting the Dolphins.
Feeding the Sea Lions.
These guys had such fun little personalities.  Cilla just loved them!  She practically had her face up to glass here!

......and she had enough of her socks and shoes and decided it was time to take them off!  Honestly, I am surprised she made it as long as she did without taking them off!  You know you are from Arkansas when your kid wants to run around barefoot!
Silly Girl!
Of course, she spotted Elmo and Cookie Monster from half a mile away.  I do not even know how she knows who those characters are!  Funny what they pick up on!
After an afternoon siesta and a fabulous dinner at The Palm we found this little jewel downtown.  Heavenly Cupcakes!  Our little cupcake enjoying the icing!
I am pretty sure I owe Mickey Mouse a huge thank you for helping make our trip so much easier, especially the plane rides!  Cilla had "Mickey" and "orange puffs".  She was set!
I have been warned that a certain story better make the family blog (so here you go, Flint!)  There was the cutest set of grandparents sitting behind us on our flight from San Diego to Dallas.  They were so sweet to Cilla and she just loved them!  After talking and telling them all about our trip, Grandma (as I will refer to her) asked Cilla about her favorite animal from her trip and Cilla's response was, "Polar Bear, poop!"  Yes, she caught the Polar Bear pooping and, yes, we talked about it a little after the fact and that, apparently, was her favorite memory of our trip!  GREAT!  You just have to laugh!

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh, I LOVE all these pics!! You pics brought back so many good memories from when I was little! Cilla looks like she loved every minute of your trip! So glad you had a wonderful time!!

Jennifer said...

Cute pics. I love Cillia's memory that's a toddler for you. Have you seen the book Everyone Poops? It is a good one.

Lilly, Reid, Matt, and Sara said...

Well I don't know if a bear poops in the woods but I guess we do know they poop at sea world. Haha. glad you all had a great trip! Can't wait to see you guys!!

Cory said...

So... I check your blog out from time to time. :-) I found you through Kelly's Korner. I am in the town where The Safari Park (formerly the Wild Animal Park) is that you all visited. It is so neat to think that someone from a blog I check out was in our area. :-) I hope you loved it here. In the summer it is way too hot, and not as lush and green, but lately with the weather the way it has been, and everything being green since about mid June this last summer (a rare wet summer) I am loving it more than I have in years. :-)

sarah @ life {sweet} life said...

Oh sweet Cilla!! I just love it...that is TOO funny! She looks so cute and I love her little outfit. Looks like such a fun trip!

Mommy to Princess Alyssa said...

Hi, I found your blog thru Kelly's Korner & I'm loving reading other Mommy blogs with Kids around my Daughter age (18M) Your Cilla is Beautiful & I love all the Adorable girly outfits! I especially heart the baby blue outit She wore @ Sea World! If you dont mind Me asking... Where did you get the cute outfit? Or what designer? Thank you!